Monday, May 21, 2012

Letter #6 Shreveport, Louisiana

Hey world,
So this week has been nothing but finding for elder Spangler and I. Since we have absolutly no investigators due to us opening a new area, we have been tracting like crazy! Since Wednesday of last week we handed out 20 Book of Mormons, which I'm being told is pretty flippin good! Haha this week has been nothing but joy to say the least. We get to head into downtown quite often and we have met some of the craziest people I have ever met! But the Lord has blessed Elder Spangler and I in more ways than I could write down in the short time I have. But one of those miracles is too cool to ignore. As we were tracting, we met a young man named Luke. Luke is a Christian, but does not belong to any one faith. He knows Christ and has done a lot of studying on him. So on the street, Elder Spangler and I dove into the first lesson the Restoration of the Gospel. As soon as we finished with the Jospeh Smith story he looked at us and said "I know what you just told me is true. I don't know how, but I do" How amazing is that? That was Friday, and we now have our return appointment for Monday night at 5! I will let you know how it goes! The church is true! The work is going forward regardless of how much the world will try to rebel against us. The Lord is on our side, so how can we lose?

~Elder Maddox

No comments:

Post a Comment