Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Letter #27 (Ashdown, AR)

Wow!  I can't believe it...Elder Maddox has served in 3 states in 6 months!  The Mississippi, Jackson Mission is so large that we weren't sure how much of it he would get to see.  But so far he has served in 3 out of the 4 states that his mission covers!  Lots of fun...and I already received a picture from one of the wonderful ward members in Ashdown, AR! Thanks Sister Miller and of course thanks for feeding my boy!  It's so nice to know people are watching out for him.  And I have updated his new mailing address to the right on the blog page for any and all who would like to write my Boo, he loves to get those letters!!!
    ~Lisa



Happy Halloween everyone!!
Another crazy week has came and gone in what seemed like seconds. I still struggle to wrap my mind around time out here. The best description would be that days feel like weeks, very long and non stop, but the catch is that weeks feel like days. Just a few short hours here and there. To think that my six month mark is now past, is nothing short of mind blowing. Over 25 percent done. I don't want it to be so, but it is. And to think that my good buddy Elder Van Dyke not only turned twenty years young this month, but also turns a year old in missionary life. Scary to think that almost a year ago, we said good bye, and parted ways. Before I know it, life will be back to what I used to define as normal. Something else that is hard to explain, but I think all missionaries could agree with is the feelings of what is "normal". What I mean by that, is for me, as a missionary, I feel like this is what I have always been doing. It is difficult to explain, but it seems like a missionary is all that I have ever been. It makes probably no sense to anyone who hasn't served a mission, but it is a reality. I love what I am doing and wouldn't change it for the world.
I apoligize for the late E-mail this week, but I have a good excuse! For the third time in just six months I got transfered. This transfer I will be opening up a new area, about twenty miles away from Texarkana. And to add to the excitement, I got a brand new missionary! I will now be traing Elder Jasperson who hales from Payson, Utah! He is an awesome missionary who is very excited to be a missionary! He is very knowlageable and is bringing what we call greenie fire to our companionship! I hope that I can keep up with it. Ashdown is where a lot of the members of the Texarkana ward live, and so I am very excited to start to work with them and to work with the inactive list. There is so much work to be done here, it is exciting. The last time missionaries were here full time was twenty years ago! So the both the Ward, and the Missionaries are excited to be here! Which will equall success for all of us! Be ready for amazing stories this transfer!
~Elder Maddox!


Elder Jasperson and Elder Maddox on their first day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment