Thursday, August 29, 2013

Letter #46 (Byram, MS)

Hey mom!                                                                                                                       June 3, 2013
Another week that went faster than a blink is in the books, and what a week it was. To start off, Elder Anderson and I are absolutely untouchable right now. Nothing is slowing us down, nothing at all! In our mission we have whats called a Standard of Excellence, I think every mission does, or should. Our Standard, at least to this point of my mission, has been pretty hard to get, but for the last two weeks, Elder Anderson and I have done it. I can only think of two other times that I hit the Standard on my mission, and those two times were in my first area with Elder Spangler. So that should give you a pretty good idea just how good were doing. For whatever the Lord is blessing us with more success than we know what to do with. President even came to district meeting this week to find out what we have been doing that is working so I taught him! Dad, you remember when we talked on Mothers day, and you told me about how you used to invite people to be baptized right as you started to talk to them on the street? Well, Elder Anderson and I have been doing it since the Mothers Day, and when I say I have been doing it, I mean like A LOT! And the response from people has been amazing. People are suddenly willing to listen. Well I just found out that not only did president like it, but he also taught this way of finding to all of the Zone Leaders in the mission at Zone Leader Council this past Friday, so thank you for sharing with us dad! But other than just working hard, and teaching a lot, we continue to find success, and awesome people!
~Elder Maddox

No comments:

Post a Comment