Friday, August 30, 2013

Letter #48 (Byram, MS)

Hey mom,                                                                                                    June 17, 2013
So to get things started, first of all, Happy fathers day to, hands down the best father in the world. I got to thinking I have missed the last 3 due to being in the south, which is CRAZY to say the least! But I promise to be there next year, and hopefully we can spend it right! So this week was another crazy one. More than anything I was thinking about how my mission has just flown by. Next week will be month fourteen for me. Crazy to think that I have passed my year mark, let alone be a few months away from it. Another thing that has cause a lot of contemplation as of late is a conversation I had with the President on Saturday following Leadership Training. In the conversation he told me that the most likely thing happening to me come transfer day in a few weeks, would be for Elder Anderson to move and for me to train for again. That would mean that I would stay in Florence for at least another three months, which is not a bad thing at all. But the crazy thing would be that I would be in Florence till right around my 18 month mark, and then get transferred. So here is the crazy thing. My next area very well could be my last on the mission. Which is fine by me. If I continue to live my mission the way that I am now, I will go home with my head held high, knowing that I served the Lord to the best of my abilities. I will know that I worked tirelessly to bring souls unto Him. I am at peace daily when I go to bed, and let me tell you, there is no better feeling that I have experienced. To have the spirit confirm to you that The Lord is happy... Words can't describe. For those of you preparing to go, or are out and have a little time under your belt, don't slow up. Not for a day, not for an hour. This is a race, but it is not a marathon, it is a sprint. There is absolutely no reason to pace yourself.
             ~Elder Maddox

No comments:

Post a Comment