Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Letter #18 (Shreveport, LA)

Wow!
It seems like the girls have been having fun huh? Saw picture after picture of the mountains! Jealous! We have hills here, but that's the extent of it! You girls seemed to have so much fun! Just a heads up mom, you might need to refill the cereal storage if you left the boys at home. Just an idea! That is so cool that Elder Spangler stopped by. We talked about having him do it, but I knew that he would be very busy. I hope that it was a good visit, and by the sound of it, it was a good meeting!
So like I said, Wow is the only word that could be used to describe this last few days. From Zone Conference to Baptisms, these last few days have been by far the most rewarding as a missionary. The spirit has been poured on in great amounts repeatedly and it continues to be present.
The most recent event on my mind is definitely Zone Conference. We combined with the zone from up in Texarcana, about 70 miles away, and had a good amount of missionaries. The theme if you want to call it that, was finding. President shared with us his vision of how to better find people to teach. This was a perfect lesson for me, since that is what will be my and Elder Merrill's focus this week! We have pretty much exhausted our teaching pool, so that means we get to get going on the knocking doors! Always equals so much fun! I am hoping that the members will help me out, but I have to rely on my own skill for sure!
An amazing experience happened on Sunday. I was able to baptize someone! See, we have been working with Bobbi Peters for a long time now, since about May, and were able to finally baptize her Sunday. But the original plan of having her son baptize her changed when she asked me to baptize her! It was the most amazing experiences of my life to see her, as well as to see the knight family baptize their sons! It was truly an amazing experience for all that were involved. And yes, I do have pictures mother!
~Elder Maddox

No comments:

Post a Comment