Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Letter #41, (Byram, MS)

Hey Mom,
Another amazing week in the books, filled with amazing times, and many memorable experiences. One of those experiences happened on Wednesday, my first full day in the new area. Here in Florence, there are two people, a mother and a daughter who are preparing for baptism, and I had the opprotunity to interview them to make sure that they were ready. I first talked to the daughter who is 9 years old, and she was the sweetest little girl ever, who has such a love of the Savior, and can already notice how his Atonement has affected her life, and needless to say she passed. I then had the chance to sit down and talk to her mom. I went through the normal questions asked prior to baptism. I then asked her to share with me her testimony of the Gospel, and how she had seen it effect her. What she said brought tears to my eyes. She said "her husband had always been less active, ever since they were married, and she never chose to ask him about his beliefs, and religon was rarely brought up. But then times started to get difficult. They noticed that something was missing in their family, and couldn't figure out what it was. Then the missionaries came knocking on our door. They were trying to find my husband, so I invited them in. They then taught us about the Book of Mormon, and how the Gospel blesses families. They taught the message that I needed to hear! It was as if God had heard my prayers, and sent his servants too us to help our family." It was the most amazing story I have heard so far on my mission, and helped me to once again refocus on exactly why are here! I love how she testified of the ability of the Book of Mormon to strengthen families, and to change lives. I have seen it time and time again on my mission. For anyone who wants to change their lives, member of The Church, or not, read the Book of Mormon, and you will see miracles happen! Needless to say, both passed the requirements for baptism, and their baptismal service is set for later this evening, and they could not be more excited. Ahh! So amazing. We have a few other people who we are working with, and that should progress over the next couple of weeks! We also found a whole bunch of new subdivisions that have never been knocked so we are looking forward to a fun filled week of knocking doors!
Y'all be good
~Elder Maddox

No comments:

Post a Comment